Luiss, Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali “Guido Carli” (hereinafter Luiss) is an independent university with an advanced education model.
This privacy notice describes the characteristics of the processing undertaken by LUISS in relation to the navigation data collected by the site web www.42Roma.it
Which personal data do we collect?
Luiss, as Controller, collects the following data:
- user identification data, such as, for example, the IP addresses and domain names of the computer;
- data relating to the use of the website by the user, using technical, analytical third-party and profiling cookies;
- data relating to user preferences, expressed while browsing the website.
A further typology is made up of analytical cookies, used to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and on the methods by which they visit the website. The aforementioned cookies can be installed directly by the site operator or from a different site that installs them through the first (so-called “third party” analytical cookies). Finally, the last type of cookies consists of profiling cookies, used for the purpose of sending advertising messages, for example through personalized banners, in line with the preferences expressed by the User while surfing the net.
The Luiss website uses third-party analytical and profiling cookies, such as:
- Google Plus, Maps, YouTube: http://www.google.it/policies/privacy/
- Facebook: https://it-it.facebook.com/help/cookies/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=it
- Instragram: https://instagram.com/legal/cookies/
- Flickr: https://policies.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/privacy/products/flickr/index.htm
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
If the User prefers not to receive cookies, he can prevent their transmission by the website by properly configuring his Internet browsing browser. In some cases, however, the use of some parts of the site may be conditioned by the storage of cookies on the User’s computer.
Why do we collect your data and why is their processing lawful?
Luiss processes personal data for the following purposes:
- manage the correct use of the website;
- evaluate, in statistical form, the use of the website by users;
- collect information relating to user choices while browsing the web;
- send commercial information in line with the preferences expressed by the user during the browsing experience;
- ascertain any offenses committed by users against third parties or against Luiss;
- comply with European and national regulations, as well as with the provisions of the Data Protection Authority.
The processing of personal data carried out by Luiss is legitimate because it is based on the consent of the interested party, expressed during the browsing experience and expressed during the consultation of the website.
How does the Controller process your personal data and how long is the data stored for?
Your personal data are processed both on paper and electronically (server, cloud database, application software etc.). Luiss retains the user’s personal information by following some basic criteria highlighted below: in particular referring to the purposes of the collection, the terms provided for the processing for marketing purposes and the prescription terms dictated by law. Further specifications of the retention times for each category of data are available on the website www.42Roma.it.
To whom do we communicate your personal data?
Only Luiss staff who need it to offer the requested services and limited to the instrumental and related information can access to the personal data. In particular:
- administrative staff;
Our employees and collaborators have been informed of how important it is to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding personal data: Luiss takes all necessary actions to draw their attention to the responsibilities regarding the protection of personal data.
Luiss shares personal information with some suppliers who assist you in providing the services you requested: – third parties that provide support for the management of the website. If third parties access the data, they will do so by respecting the current legislation on the protection of personal data and the instructions given by Luiss.
We do not communicate personal information to other third parties without authorization, unless this is required by law or by an Authority.
Are your data transferred abroad?
User data are not transferred outside the European Economic Area.
What are your rights as a data subject and how can you exercise them?
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants data subjects specific rights, in particular, regarding access to data, rectification of data, objection to processing of data for commercial purposes or automated processing of data, erasure of data, restrictions on processing of data and portability of data. Data subjects are also entitled to seek redress through the Data Protection Authority.
Any data subjects wishing to exercise their statutory rights may, without formality, send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to the Controller LUISS Guido Carli at Viale Pola 12, 00198 Rome, Italy, setting out their request and furnishing the information necessary to identify them.
The contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be viewed on the Controller’s website at www.luiss.it/contatti.
The Controller will reply within one month. Should the Controller be unable to reply by the above deadline, it will give you a detailed explanation as to why your request cannot be satisfied.